Drakensberg Mountains, 4 x 4 traversing, Highest Pub in Africa.
05:45 – Departure from Hotel Reception
A mere 3 hours’ drive from the city we find ourselves in the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains. Spectacular vistas, breathtaking scenery and diverse flora and fauna are what you can look forward to experiencing today, as we explore the highlight of the Southern Drakensberg – Sani Pass! We leave our vehicle at the base station and use 4 x 4 vehicles to traverse the pass into the “Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho”.
En-route we stop to visit with the local people in their traditional village and learn a little about their culture and way of life. Our journey continues further up the pass to the “Highest Pub in Africa” where we will enjoy a light lunch whilst marveling at the sheer magnitude and beauty of these incredible mountains.
After lunch we will make our way back down the pass, through the border post and return to Durban.
PASSPORTS ESSENTIAL, please note some nationalities require visas.
Ensure you have a Multiple Entry Visa into South Africa & Sufficient Passport Pages for Stamps.
19:00 – Return to Hotel Reception
- Tour Code: DSP021.
- Duration: Full Day.
- Date: 16 -19 August 2021.
- Price: R3340.00 per person.
- Minimum: 2 Adults.
- Vehicle: Air-conditioned vehicle to suite group size.
- Included: Transportation, sightseeing as per itinerary, entrance fees, 4 x 4 excursion and a light Lunch, services of a registered English-speaking guide.
- Excluded: Gratuities, meals, drinks and items of a personal nature.
- Activity Level: Medium!
- Comments: PASSPORTS ESSENTIAL, please note some nationalities require visas.