Local shebeen visit, Gandhi Settlement and the Inanda Seminary.
08:30 / 13:00 – Departure from ICC Main Entrance
A short distance inland from the city we find the local settlements of Kwamashu and Inanda, which is steeped in history and culture. We visit one of the sections in Kwamashu, to take a short walk and interact with the locals and stop at a local shebeen.
Time permitting, we visit the Ohlange Institute, where President Mandela cast his vote in South Africa’s first democratic elections in 1994; the Phoenix settlement where Mahatma Gandhi developed his philosophy of passive resistance and the Inanda Seminary, one of the oldest African private schools for girls, established in 1869.
12:00 / 16:30 – Return to ICC Main Entrance
- Tour Code: KTH020.
- Duration: Half Day.
- Date: 18 -20 August 2020.
- Price: R990.00 per person.
- Minimum: 2 Adults.
- Vehicle: Air-conditioned vehicle to suite group size.
- Included: Transportation, sightseeing as per itinerary, entrance fees, light lunch and services of a registered English- speaking guide.
- Excluded: Gratuities, drinks and items of a personal nature.
- Activity Level: Medium!
- Comments: Visit Inanda Heritage Route and Kwamashua Settement.