SASTA endeavors to encourage and assist in the improvement of the technical knowledge of persons engaged in the South African sugar industry.
To this end SASTA Workshops and Field Days are arranged around topical issues pertaining to the sugarcane industry in South Africa. Presentations, guest speakers and visits to factories, farms and other sites of interest are organised to encourage information sharing and skills development.
Previous visits include:
- Visit to Dube Tradeport (2018)
- Visits to the Beacon Sweets Factory (2015 and 2016)
- A visit to Bell Equipment Factory and Bell Museum in Richards Bay (2013)
- A visit to the Illovo Merebank facility (2009)
- A visit to the south coast green cane harvesting operations (2008)