SASTA endeavors to encourage and assist in the improvement of the technical knowledge of persons engaged in the South African sugar industry.
To this end SASTA Workshops are arranged around topical issues pertaining to the sugarcane industry in South Africa. Presentations, guest speakers and discussion sessions are organised to encourage information sharing and skills development.
Recent events include:
- Drought Workshop (2016) – a special session during Congress
- Geographical Information Systems, etc (2015) – a special session during Congress
- Sustainable soils symposium (2011)
- Bio-refining (2011) – a special session during Congress
- Diversification (2010) – a special session during Congress
- The future of energy in a cane sugar factory (2008)
- Sugar Quality Workshop (2007)
- Conservation Production Systems (2006)
- Transport Workshop (2005)